Same-Day Emergency Treatment Center Admission for Teens in Texas
Emergency and life-threatening mental health and drug rehab situations can be overwhelming when they affect your children and your family. Sometimes teenagers need immediate same-day treatment. Let’s explore how to get into rehab immediately, how to pay for treatment, and what to expect during admission.
Same-Day Treatment Admissions at BasePoint Academy
BasePoint Academy is a renowned mental health treatment center for teenagers in Texas, with state-of-the-art facilities positioned strategically in Arlington, Forney, and McKinney, a stone’s throw from Dallas. Conveniently accessible from Irving, Arlington, Fort Worth, Plano, and Garland, we stand as a pillar of support for families seeking immediate teen mental health help. Our expertise spans across adolescent crisis intervention, emergency mental health care for teens, and urgent mental health support for teenagers. We understand that adolescent mental health emergencies can arise without warning, which is why we offer same-day and emergency admissions. Whether your teenager requires an adolescent psychiatric evaluation or immediate intervention from our adolescent mental health crisis team, we are equipped to respond swiftly.
Recognizing the financial concerns that may accompany emergency mental health services for teens, BasePoint Academy is committed to making quality care affordable. We accept insurance and provide diverse payment options for our urgent teen therapy services and emergency psychiatric care for youth. Our team can guide you through the cost considerations of an emergency room mental health evaluation for teens, or connect you with our adolescent crisis hotline for immediate assistance. We urge you to reach out to us to explore the most suitable payment options for your teenage boy or girl’s mental health treatment. At BasePoint Academy, we believe that every family should have access to timely and effective mental health support for their teenagers.
Mental Health of Adolescents in Texas
Sound mental health is vital at every stage in life. Adolescence is a critical time in a young adult’s development, and filled with additional pressures from academics and athletics at a time when hormones are not balanced and their brain has not fully developed. The COVID-19 pandemic added more challenges.
After the pandemic, Texas Health and Human Services reported that 37% of high school students reported poor mental health and 44% reported feeling persistent sadness or hopelessness. Access to mental health in Texas for teenagers is a growing crisis. Schools are struggling to fill openers for school counselors. Texas maintains phone numbers that are free and anonymous for teens who need help.
What is a Teen Treatment Center?
A teen treatment center is a rehabilitation center that has board-certified mental health professionals who focus on treating young adults and adolescents during this critical time in their mental health development. Most have emergency treatment options, including same-day rehab admissions and emergency drug detox near me.
These programs help accommodate the needs of teenagers who need prompt assistance for addiction recovery. BasePoint Academy offers several structured outpatient programs in the least restrictive environment that allow our teenagers to receive the treatment they need and still return home in the evenings.
Same Day Treatment Admissions and Intake
Our complimentary assessment with a licensed clinician will provide you with a recommendation for the appropriate level of care for your teen struggling. We can also check your insurance coverage levels.
Call us today to schedule a complimentary same day assessment at (469) 747-1004 or fill out our inquiry form.
Find Out About Our Admissions
What is Same-Day Admission?
Same-day admission happens when there are situations where quick admission may be needed to avoid dangerous consequences. For example, drug or alcohol detoxification may require emergency inpatient or residential admission when an individual has stopped cold turkey since the symptoms can become significant and even life-threatening.
Quality emergency alcohol detox centers near me do not use cold turkey methods but rather provide therapy and manage withdrawal symptoms with medication. In other instances, same-day admission may be needed when your teen is ready to enter therapy for mental health or substance use disorder treatment. Same-day admissions facilitate treatment initiation when your teenager is ready to start. However, it is important to note that some facilities can have long wait times, so same-day admission rehab near me may not be possible.
What is the Admissions Process at a Same-Day (Emergency) Treatment Center for Teenagers?
The process for same-day admission to a rehab treatment center for teenagers is designed to quickly assess your teenager’s mental health or substance use disorder needs and provide immediate treatment. Each step of the admission process can happen within the same day, offering your teenager access to a rapid-response rehab center that focuses on age-appropriate treatment.
The initial contact is typically made by phone from a family member or health care professional who is seeking treatment for a teenager. Pre-assessment can happen on the phone or in person. At this stage, our admission specialist gathers information to determine eligibility as well as check your insurance coverage.
Rapid-response rehab facilities have medical and mental health assessments available so the team can customize a stabilization and treatment plan to help your teenager. As treatment begins, board-certified mental health professionals continue with a more comprehensive assessment which guides the adjustment of the treatment plan as necessary.
Can My Teen Get Admitted Immediately
Typically, your teenager can be admitted immediately for emergency rehab services at a local treatment center. Board-certified mental health professionals recognize the importance of quick intervention for addiction detoxification and rehabilitation which guides same-day rehab admissions. Admission will depend on the pre-assessment as well as insurance verification and payment options.
Teenage Mental Health Treatment Centers Near Dallas, Texas
BasePoint Academy has several luxury treatment facilities in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. The facilities are located in Arlington, Forney, and McKinney, Texas. Each treatment facility offers the same high-quality level of treatment by board-certified mental health professionals.
- BasePoint Academy – Arlington, Texas: 3900 Arlington Highlands Blvd, Suite 237, Arlington, TX 76018, United States
- BasePoint Academy – Forney, Texas: 713 W Broad St, Forney, TX 75126, United States
- BasePoint Academy – McKinney, Texas: 4733 Medical Center Drive, McKinney, TX 75069, United States
How to Find Same-Day Emergency Treatment Center for Teens Near Me
It can be a challenge to find a same-day emergency treatment center for teens near me. Consider some of the following options in the search for treatment for your adolescent.
- Online Search: Use an online search in your favorite browser and enter the keywords “same-day emergency treatment center for teens near me” or “urgent care for teenagers in Dallas.”
- Healthcare Provider: Your teenager’s primary care physician’s office maintains a list of rehab treatment centers in the local area that are adept at treating adolescents. They can help provide recommendations and guidance when you’re searching for same-day emergency treatment admission.
- Health Insurance Provider: Your health insurance provider keeps a list of in-network emergency care treatment facilities in your local area.
- Ask for Referrals: Seek out referrals from family, friends, therapists, or your local church. They may have access to information about emergency care centers that specialize in adolescent care.
How is the Intake Assessment and Evaluation Carried Out For Emergency Treatment?
The intake assessment and evaluation for emergency treatment begins with your first phone call. Pre-assessment can often be done on the phone, during which the admission specialist will ask assessment questions to determine the severity of the emergency. During the assessment, you will be asked about substance use history and mental health status.
You will also answer brief questions about your teenager’s physical health. If your teenager is in immediate danger of harming themselves or others, BasePoint Academy will recommend an emergency inpatient or residential treatment program until the crisis has stabilized.
What to Expect at an Emergency Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Emergency drug rehab near me typically offers a structured treatment plan, during which your adolescent experiences medical management for withdrawal symptoms, including a variety of therapeutic approaches, such as individual or group therapy. Emergency alcohol rehab near me offers the same structured environment in which your teen can detoxify.
Once the detoxification process is complete, your teenager may be ready for a highly structured and intensive outpatient program and aftercare to continue ongoing support and promote sustainable recovery. This planning is part of the intake rehab near me process.
How Much Does Same-Day Outpatient Rehab Cost?
The cost of same-day outpatient rehab varies depending on several factors. These factors include the intensity of therapy in a customized treatment program, rehab insurance coverage, travel expenses to the outpatient treatment center, and any medication required for stabilization and treatment. The cost of an intensive outpatient treatment program ranges from $1,900 to $8,000.
How To Pay For 24-Hour Emergency Alcohol and Drug Rehab Program
Paying for 24-hour emergency drug and alcohol treatment can be a significant concern. However, you should not allow fear of the cost to prevent you from contacting the 24-hour rehab centers near me to understand the costs. When you call BasePoint Academy at (469) 702-8493 our admission counselors can identify 24-hour programs in the immediate area.
This helps your teenager safely receive quick intervention for drug dependency. Once your adolescent is ready for a structured outpatient program, our admission specialist can verify your insurance and determine if prior authorization is required before treatment begins. A structured outpatient program offers your young adults the support they need to achieve and maintain sustainable recovery.
Can I Walk In to A Same-Day Teen Mental Health Center Near Me?
Yes, you can go to a same-day teen mental health center near me without calling first. However, many of these treatment centers are busy and it’s highly recommended that you call first. This can reduce excess travel if the center does not take your insurance policy or does not have the ability to do same-day assessment or admission.
Statistics on Depression in Teen Boys and Girls in Texas
- A Children’s Health Study revealed several interesting facts about teen mental health in North Texas:
- 133,375 children have an emotional disturbance or addictive disorder
- The estimated number of children with developmental disabilities has steadily increased.
- There were 114,055 students in Texas who were homeless.
- At least 1 in 5 high schoolers admitted to using an illicit drug in the last year.
- 38% of high school students felt hopeless or sad every day for at least two weeks.
- According to the Texas Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children, Texas ranked 45 for overall child well-being, having risen one spot since the 2021 ranking. The state ranks in the bottom half for economic well-being, education, health, and family and community.
- Data from Mental Health America demonstrates that Texas has a high number of youth with mental illness and a lower rate of access to care. In 2022, 14.6% of teens aged 12 to 17 reported at least one major depressive episode (MDE) in the past year.
- Houston Public Media reported that more than 500,000 children in Texas were diagnosed with anxiety or depression in 2020. This represented a 23% increase over the past few years. The COVID-19 pandemic added to stressors that children and teens were already coping with, including a lack of access to healthcare, food insecurity, and inadequate housing.
- The 2022 San Antonio’s Teen Mental Health Survey revealed 37% of teens asked, felt unable to complete their daily tasks and 24% of them turned to smoking, vaping, alcohol, or illicit drugs because of their symptoms. When asked about the top stressors in their lives, 59% indicated that school had the largest negative impact on their mental health while 51% indicated COVID-19.